Free school meals are offered to children of families who are in receipt of:
- Income Support or
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based) or
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 or
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit or
- Income related Employment Support Allowance or
- Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190 (April 10 figure)
The Government does not allow us to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned above.
To apply, complete an application form (downloadable below) or simply ring your local Area Education Office with details of your name, date of birth and National Insurance number and an immediate on-line decision can be given. (see below for phone numbers)
|Area Education Office East (for Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale)
Pupil Access Team
AREA EDUCATION OFFICE EAST
ST. JAMES SQUARE
Tel: 01254 220 711
Once you have applied and been granted free school meals for your children you do not need to re-apply annually. You will be contacted normally in June each year to confirm whether or not your children are still entitled to free school meals.