The meetings are lead by Headboy and Girl and Deputies. The meetings are chaired by Mrs Johnstone.
Hollins students are encouraged to realise their maximum potential and to contribute to school, community and society. Student leaders have the responsibility to be positive role models and they play a vital role in the democratic process.
The council objectives are:
- To create a stronger relationship between the students and the staff
- To foster leadership skills within the student body.
- To develop an awareness of the student council within the student body.
- To encourage student initiatives to support Hollins policies and practices
- To provide a forum for students to discuss their views/opinions
- To provide representation of the student views.
- To act as a barometer of student opinion.
- To better the school environment.
- To serve as a spokesperson for the concerns of groups and individuals.
- To promote school and community service projects.
- To stimulate student interest in school activities and promote school spirit.
- To work with the staff of Hollins in the development of policies.
HTC STUDENT COUNCIL
The HTC student council is made up of three forums which are held each half term.
Year council – representatives from each tutor group will meet with their year team including their Head of Year. They discuss agenda items relevant to their year group. Matters that are not resolved at this meeting are then escalated as an agenda item to be resolved at the student council meeting where representatives from all years are present.
Student Council – is made up of representatives from ALL year groups and agenda items are brought forward by each year group. Minutes are circulated to form tutors by Mrs Johnstone. These minutes are fed back by form representatives.
Student Leaders – Any agenda items that are not resolved at Student council level are discussed with Mr Campbell at this meeting. Once again, minutes are then circulated back down to tutor groups which are fed back by form representatives.